Who We Are
Find out more about Thyroid Cancer Canada.Learn more »
Our seasonal newsletter is available.Learn more »
5700 Canadians will be diagnosed with thyroid cancer in 2013
Find out how you can be a volunteer ambassador and spread the word about Thyroid Cancer CanadaLearn more »
TCC's Online Forum
Join TCC's Online Forum to communicate with other thyroid cancer survivors.Learn more »
Low Iodine Diet Recipes
Brand new, 2013 version, PDF of LID recipes, including some special ones from Norene Gilletz!Learn more »
This site is HONcode certified
Health on the Net certification indicates that this website honours the 8 principles of the HON Code of Conduct (HONcode).Learn more »
Free Gift with DonationLearn more »
TCCs LID endorsed!
The Canadian Association of Nuclear Medicine officially endorses our Low Iodine Diet.Learn more »
Welcome to the home of Thyroid Cancer Canada (TCC). Whether you have just been diagnosed with thyroid cancer, have been living with it for years, or are a family member or friend of someone with the disease, we hope you will find this site helpful.
Follow the menu tabs above to:
- find out more about Thyroid Cancer Canada and what we do
- learn about thyroid cancer and thyroid cancer treatment
- download or order hard copies of our publications
- read the latest news about thyroid cancer
- join our Online Forum
- submit a Get Connected Form so that you can receive ‘heads-up’ about events in your community
- view links to other websites with information about thyroid cancer
- learn how to make a donation or volunteer for TCC, and
- find out how to get in touch with Thyroid Cancer Canada.
How to Get Started
This website was developed by thyroid cancer patients. We hope we have covered topics that are of interest to you.
If you are new to thyroid cancer, there is a lot to learn and sometimes patients have to get informed very quickly – as surgery and treatment may follow closely after diagnosis. We suggest you use this website to:
- inform yourself about thyroid cancer. Make use of the information we provide and the links to outside resources we suggest;
- find out about Thyroid Cancer Canada through this website or by requesting more information. In addition to the website resources here, we provide hard copy information by request;
- ask questions. Ask your doctors. Ask fellow patients (via the TCC Online Forum). Make use of the TCC’s Ask Thry’vors project;
- get support. The diagnosis and treatment of thyroid cancer can be very emotionally challenging. We offer telephone and email support. Our Online Forum is a great tool too. And this website offers information and links for additional support.
Website Mission Statement
The mission of this website is to provide information about thyroid cancer, especially for those recently diagnosed with the disease. The information on this site was written by patients and vetted by medical specialists. We hope to provide information that is clear and understandable, and to suggest links and resources to more detailed information for readers who want to learn more.
This website was provided by Thyroid Cancer Canada (TCC), a Canadian charitable organization dedicated to providing information and support. View more information about TCC.
The information provided on this website is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. We do not provide medical advice, and suggest that you consult with your own doctor(s) for medical advice pertaining to your own situation.
We do not charge patients or clinicians for any of our support services nor for copies of our publications. To view or order FREE copies, click here.
As a Canadian organization, some of the information on this website may only be pertinent to patients being treated in Canada.
We welcome your comments or suggestions. Please contact us.